Friday, October 3, 2008

Dell Laptop of Six Years Passes Away | Limited Posts on The Balkan Hour

It is with a saddened heart today that I must inform you that my feisty laptop of six years passed away quietly in the night. After loosing its batteries and A-drive three years ago and its DVD drive a year ago, the laptop finally succumbed to massive internal failure. The Laptop has graciously donated itself for spare parts in the interest of science here in Bulgaria.

We met at the Vanderbilt School of Engineering in 2002 and I'm happy to say that our relationship was the longest known among friends; there were quarrels and spars but in the end we provided constant companionship throughout the formative college years and then in maturing two years of Peace Corps Bulgaria.

Posts on The Balkan Hour will become slower now and more sporadic until I can have access to the internet on a reliable basis. Until then, read the old posts and don't be afraid send me an email at robert.proudfoot at Gee Mail dot com (although don't expect an immediate response). I'll be traveling the next few weeks too, so this will add to the sporadic posting.

Take Care,

Robert


My Vanderbilt Engineering Dell Laptop
August 2002 - October 2008
RIP

2 comments:

dsparks said...

That's sad.

Anonymous said...

where should i send flowers? c