Monday, January 26, 2009

The Balkan Hour | January 26th, 2008 | First Official Show

Today was the first official show for The Balkan Hour on 88.1 WRFL Lexington. This semester the Balkan Hour will be from 2-4pm on Mondays at 88.1 WRFL. For those of you interested, you can stream WRFL live through the website or you can download the archives of the show. 

My DJ login is called Balkanhour on the server, so you can browse my playlists from previous shows as well.

Today, I divided the music into genres or sets so people could see the differences between the musicians and style throughout the Balkan Music scene. I actually didn't get a chance to play everything I wanted, so keep in mind that this isn't definitative. 


I'm looking for a good .mp3 player to play these large .mp3s on the Blogger setup but I haven't had any luck as of yet. Does anyone have a suggestion for a service that would work. I have my own webhosting as well. Suggestions are welcome.

I'm also trying to figure how to put the playlist of the show up. The WRFL playlist doesn't allow you to edit it for mistakes or add musicians so it is never a complete and accurate list. However, it seems redundant to retype it on the blog as well. If there is a track you would like identified, please let me via email or commenting.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I heard your show today & it was great! I'm glad this music is making it onto the radio!

TheFootNotes said...

Thanks for the response. Its great to know that people were listening. Stay tune for more, coming each week!