Thursday, July 24, 2008

Welcome to the Balkan Hour

Hello,

On October 10th, I will finish my service with the United States Peace Corps. I will depart, fittingly, by by train to Istanbul and then fly home to Richmond, Kentucky after an extended sabbatical from the American Life. As much as I miss my days going to chinese buffets (i'm not going to capitalize something that really isn't Chinese), I have realized that I'm going to miss my time in Bulgaria.

So, to continue my interest in the region and also with roma music, I hope to sporadicaly update a blog that raises awareness about the region. I wouldn't consider my self a DJ or on the music avant-garde. I just think music is a great way for my friends to understand the region better.

I don't want to classify music and frankly I encompass quite a lot when by saying Balkan music. Please feel free to listen to my Last.fm pop-out player on the right side. As time passes I will fill it with a broad base of influences throughout the region.

No comments: